Please read this entire page before ordering !
Wire Rope Wick
- 316 Stainless Steel NOT galvanized
- 7x19 braid
- 5/64 inch diameter product. Measured with a micrometer it is 1.98mm.
- 1.4 to 1.5 inches in length (35 to 38 mm in length)
- NO nylon center thread
Sold in a 3 pack
These are the correct diameter and length for the AGA-T+/T2. They will definitely be loose in the RSST (1/8th wick hole) and AGA-TD (3.5mm wick hole).
If you want some cut to a custom length, let us know the length in millimeters and what device it is for.
If you want to "sleeve" these so you can skip having to oxidize them, you should buy some:
2mm Hollow EKOWOOL Silica Wick
Advanced User Item ! No Warranty, No Returns !
Safety Note: Please torch till glowing, boil in distilled water (or soak in Everclear), rinse and torch again before using.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !
A Note on Size Measurements:
Our product naming is based off of the product name from the manufacturer.
Measuring SS Wire rope with a micrometer is tricky at best because:
- The surface is not uniform. Wire rope is a braid with a surface shape that resembles a spiral. Micrometer calipers are flat and narrow. Not a happy marriage.
- Wire Rope is compressible. You might think "Hey.. this is steel.. what do you mean it compresses ?" It is a braid, so there is a small amount of slack in each twist which allows for compression, so getting an accurate measurement is tricky.
- Steel expands/contracts with temperature.
This is GOOD wire rope from a premier manufacturer. We are proud to sell it. That said, we cannot accept returns because of issues of size / fit / color.