Please read this entire page before ordering !
Wire Rope Wick
- This is the correct size for the Kraken RBA
- 316 Stainless Steel NOT galvanized
- 7x19 braid
- 5/64 inch diameter product. Measured with a micrometer it is 1.98mm.
- 29 to 31 mm in length
- NO nylon center thread
These are the correct length and diameter for the AGA-S. These will prevent a vacuum lock like the 3/32 may cause.
- The surface is not uniform. Wire rope is a braid with a surface shape that resembles a spiral. Micrometer calipers are flat and narrow. Not a happy marriage.
- Wire Rope is compressible. You might think "Hey.. this is steel.. what do you mean it compresses ?" It is a braid, so there is a small amount of slack in each twist which allows for compression, so getting an accurate measurement is tricky.
- Steel expands/contracts with temperature.